The Placement Supervision Group consists of trainers nominated in each placement by the named clinical supervisor. Their observations and feedback will inform the clinical supervisor’s end of placement report. The makeup of the Placement Supervision Group will vary depending on the placement but could include:
- Doctors more senior than F2, including at least one consultant or GP principal
- Senior nurses (band 5 or above)
- Allied Health Professionals.
The Placement Supervision Group is responsible for:
- observing the foundation doctor’s performance in the workplace
- providing feedback on practice to the foundation doctor
- providing structured feedback to the named clinical supervisor
- undertaking and facilitating supervised learning events (SLEs).