When uploading files to your Personal Library, you may encounter the following error when using Microsoft Internet Explorer:
Fig 1: File name cannot contain any of the following characters : System.Char
This error is occurring for users when Internet Explorer has a non-standard security settings.
A developer work item has been established to prevent this from being an issue, but to resolve this issue immediately (prior to this work item being completed) you can change your configuration as follows:
- Click to the “Tools" menu and select the “Internet Options” menu item
- Click on the Security tab
- Click the “Custom Level...” button
- Scroll through the setting list until you reach the "Miscellaneous” section (it’s usually about 2/3 of the way down)
- Ensure “Include local directory path when uploading files to a server" is set to “Disabled”
- Click OK until you are back to the web page.
- You may have to restart Internet Explorer before the changes will take effect.
Please note, this may require assistance from a local IT administrator should you not have sufficient rights on your local workstation.
Please note: This assistance is specifically for users of version 8 of the Microsoft Internet Explorer web browser. You can identify what browser and browser version you are using by visiting http://www.whatbrowser.org